To clearly map out how we can best help you, we need to better understand what is undermining your health and well-being. To do so, we initially check for:
- Nutrient Deficiencies
- Vitamins; minerals; omega-3 fats; antioxidants; etc.
- Sleep 'Debt'
- Delaying healing and resulting from not sleeping "well" or not enough
- Unmanaged Stress
- Slowing healing and repair process
- Excessive Toxic Burden
- Damaging cells and sabotaging healing
- Inappropriate or Insufficient Exercise
- Too much, too little, or the wrong type
Evaluating your current state of health in key areas is next, and depending on your needs, may include:
- Blood Sugar Regulation
- Thyroid Health
- Hormone Balance
- sex, adrenal, and sleep hormones
- Digestive Health
- Immune Function
- autoimmune disease
- chronic inflammation
- "occult" infection (Lyme; EBV; Herpes; H. Pylori; etc.)
- Cardiovascular Risk
- heart attack; stroke; hypertension
- Bone Health
- Oxidative Stress
- from high toxicity and/or low antioxidant reserves
- Structural Imbalances
- spinal subluxations; scoliosis; etc.
Then, its clue gathering time as we piece together how and why your body's health declined.
To gather some clues concerning the areas listed above, we utilize some combination of the following testing procedures.
- The Intermediate Level of Testing provides valuable information in multiple key areas, and includes many of the tests noted below.
- Only tests that we feel are valuable and pertinent are ever recommended.
- We ensure you understand the purpose of each test recommended.
- No ultimatums around testing. We move forward with testing only after your approval. You have the final word, as it is your body.
- All of our evaluation tests and procedures are painless, and harmless. (with the possible exception of the prick of a needle)
- All test results are reported to you, along with a clear explanation as to what it means with respect to your health + what you can do to "fix" or improve any abnormal findings.
- When indicated and necessary, we refer and collaborate with other medical specialists.
Mineral Taste "Tally" Tests:
- ZINC, COPPER, MAGNESIUM, SELENIUM, POTASSIUM, CHROMIUM, MANGANESE, MOLYBDENUM LEVELS
- indicative of mineral deficiencies
- indicative of fat-soluble antioxidant deficiency, e.g., Vit-E, CoQ10; lipoic acid
- VITAMIN C
- indicates low levels of Vit-C
- indicative of calcium levels
- MULTI-STIX TESTS
- functional screen for kidney, liver, urinary infection, diabetes, pH, occult kidney/bladder bleeding, etc.
- IODINE + Bromide; Fluorine
- needed for thyroid and breast health
- Nutrient deficiencies
- e.g., Vit-D; iron; Vit-B12; magnesium; calcium; etc.
- Thyroid, liver, and kidneys
- screens for proper function
- Immune system balance
- including chronic inflammation
- screening for both iron and/or B12 deficient anemias
- Cholesterol & lipids
- checking HDL levels and ratios
- Blood sugar regulation
- both hypoglycemia and diabetes screening
- Heart attack/stroke risk
- hs-CRP; homocysteine; fibrinogen; platelets; etc.
- Cancer risk
- e.g., PSA (total and free %)
- Estrogen Metabolism
- breast/prostate cancer risk
- Hormone analysis
- breast/prostate cancer risk
- monitors progress of bio-identical hormone therapy
- Toxic Metal analysis
- toxic accumulation in your body of mercury, lead, arsenic, and other toxic metals
- Micronutrient analysis
- blood test measurement of 30+ critical nutrients
- Bone Resorption
- osteoporosis or osteopenia risk
- oxidized LDL = high cardiac/stroke risk
- prostate cancer risk - greater specificity than PSA
- Gluten, Celiac & Food Sensitivities
- linked to autoimmune and neurological diseases; poor health
- Gut & Digestive (GI) function
- GI problems; "Leaky" Gut; SIBO; dysbiosis; etc.
- POSTURAL BLOOD PRESSURES
- 3 tests to screen for out-of-control stress
- WAIST MEASUREMENT
- higher numbers track closely with many degenerative diseases
- RESTING PULSE
- elevated values correlate with disease risk
- OXYGEN SATURATION
- VITAL SIGNS
- temp; height; weight; etc.
- back; neck; extremities; etc.
- HOLISTIC PHYSICAL
- reveals clues of internal disorders
Summary of important links to review prior to Requesting a New Client Appointment:
What is Functional Medicine
Learn more about Dr. Powers
What to Expect as a New Client
To gain some additional insights as to what Dr. Powers does and why, we suggest you review the following links, as well:
What is Holistic Primary Care
Menu of Services
Nutrition & Natural Medicine