Based on Dr. Powers' 35+ years of clinical experience and the multitude of treatment options available, it is likely we can assist you in feeling, looking, and/or functioning better.
NEW CLIENT CONSULTATION:
The purpose of this first visit is to:
- Discuss with Dr. Powers your symptoms, condition, diagnoses, and health goals
- Allow Dr. Powers with gather some initial "clues" as to the causes of your health challenges
- Learn how and why Dr. Powers feels he can help you (if he does), and what testing, evaluation, or follow-up is indicated and necessary.
A 60 to 90 minute appointment (depending on your health condition and circumstances) is reserved with Dr. Powers for this initial consultation to review your medical and health history in sufficient detail, and to glean enough information to begin formulating an impression of what may be undermining your health and well-being.
This time also enables Dr. Powers to be sure he understands your health concerns and needs, and enables him to determine the best course of action to take to help you feel and function better, and as quickly as possible.
If (and only if) your primary purpose of your visit is to get help with a muscle or joint injury or condition (e.g., back; neck; shoulder; knee; etc.), an examination will ALSO be performed during your initial appointment.
After Dr. Powers has a clear picture of your health and medical history, and what you hope to gain from his care, he will share some ideas of how he feels he can help you, and clarify the testing that will be helpful to properly and adequately evaluate your condition.
The specific tests Dr. Powers recommends are based on your needs and specific health goals, and are usually offered as:.
- "Limited" - a minimal amount of testing, and usually more appropriate for less complex health challenges that have developed more recently
- "Comprehensive" - involves a deeper investigation into the underlying causes of more chronic and complex conditions.
In most cases you will have the option to choose your "level" of evaluation, considering the severity of your condition; how urgent it is for you to feel better sooner rather than later; as well as regarding any financial constraints.
(1) Please remember to submit any relevant test results or reports when you return your medical history, questionnaires, and other forms.
(2) To help ensure you receive the safest and most effective guidance, healthcare recommendations will not be made on your first visit (in most cases), as examination and testing usually needs to be completed before a proper diagnosis can be made and the most effective recommendations offered.
New Client Visit Fees:
New Client (Initial) Consultation: 60 minutes, $300; 90 minutes, $450
- ADULTS: Examination is NOT performed during this visit unless your primary purpose of your visit relates to a muscle or joint injury or condition (e.g., back, neck, shoulder, knee, etc.).*
*If indicated and time permits, treatment may also be performed during this visit.
- CHILDREN: Examination IS usually performed during this visit regardless of the condition; and initial treatment recommendations are OFTEN provided, as well.
OUT-OF-TOWN CLIENTS: Out-of-town clients require 90-minutes for their initial consultation with Dr. Powers.
At the conclusion of your Initial Consultation, if Dr. Powers thinks he can help you, he will recommend a follow-up visit for testing and examination (click here for details). We try our best to accommodate this appointment as soon as possible to expedite your care.
Upon completion of your Evaluation Visit, an appointment is scheduled to review the results of your evaluation, i.e., a Report Visit. Our goal is to schedule this appointment as soon as possible - usually in about two weeks (enough time to receive and review your initial test results.)
Due to varying time to receive test results back from the labs and/or the amount or complexity of tests ordered, we often schedule an additional "Report" appointment to review the balance of your testing - usually in about 2 weeks after the initial report.
NOTE: The day your evaluation is completed, Dr. Powers may offer some preliminary recommendations so you can begin to make some progress with your healing before the evaluation results are in.
Evaluation Visit Fees:
Fees for the Evaluation Visit are discussed at your Initial Consultation visit, and are based on the specific testing prescribed by Dr. Powers, and on what you feel is within your healthcare budget.
Fees for testing and examination generally range from $895 and up - depending on the level of evaluation ("Limited" or "Comprehensive"), and include specialized “send-out” testing that may be indicated and recommended for you, e.g., gluten/food sensitivities; hormonal levels/imbalances; gut/digestive testing; nutrient insufficiencies; etc.
All testing usually occurs either at Dr. Powers' office (including any blood testing), or at your home (e.g., for home test-kit urine, saliva, or stool testing).
OUT-OF-TOWN CLIENTS: If you are an out-of-town client, blood test prescriptions can be written and other arrangements made (e.g., testing kits mailed) so you can be tested in your area.
At this appointment, Dr. Powers will share a written report detailing:
- Your evaluation and test results (as they are available), including their relevance to your condition, concerns, and health goals
- Strategies to specifically help you heal and feel better ASAP, including:
- Lifestyle recommendations (details)
- Dietary recommendations
- Exercise guidelines
- Stress management tools
- Restorative sleep guidelines
- Detoxification, etc.
- Supplementation (details)Supplementation (details)Supplementation (details)
- Nutritional supplements - to replenish nutrient deficiencies
- Therapeutic supplements - to accelerate healing and to help you feel better as soon as possible
- Bio-identical hormones - to restore hormonal balance
- Treatment options (details)
- Low-level "cold" Laser Therapy (promotes healing; reduces pain and inflammation)
- Percussor (improves function by freeing myofascial/muscle restrictions)
- Chiropractic care (accelerates healing by balancing the body's "frame")
- Graston myofascial treatment (supports healing by breaking up fibrotic scar tissue)
- Lifestyle recommendations (details)
- A plan of care, outlining follow-up support and re-testing, as indicated, will be presented at your "final" Report appointment.
- Referrals: If your evaluation reveals the need for referral to other specialists for evaluation, testing, or treatment, Dr. Powers will discuss this with you and explain why he feels an additional opinion or outside testing (and/or treatment) would be helpful.
Some examples include:
- Radiologists - Breast ultrasound; DEXA (bone density); Carotid artery ultrasound (CIMT); MRI; X-ray
- Urologist - PCA-3 test (prostate health evaluation)
- Dermatologist - skin cancer evaluation
- Psychotherapists - emotional healing and support
- Gynecologist - pelvic exam (PAP/HPV test)
- Special studies - Breast Thermograms (breast health evaluation)
We highly recommend that you bring your spouse, significant other, or closest friend to this appointment, as their understanding of the findings and recommendations will support your progress going forward.
Report Visit Fees:
The fee for your Report appointment is based on the time required to do so, which is directly related to both the complexity of your condition as well as your health goals.
Report visits are billed at $300/hour and usually require 2-4 hours to review your results; make recommendations; outline your plan of care; and to adequately answer your questions.
The actual amount of time needed (billed accordingly) depends on the complexity of your condition, as well as your health goals. (Payment options)