FLU VACCINATIONS: More Harm than Help?
The concept behind a flu vaccination is a reasonable one:
- Get a shot to help boost your immune system in preparation for the "real thing" (the flu), if your exposed when it comes around. That way ...
- You won't get the flu, or
- At least the shot will significantly shorten the length of your sickness, or
- It will help keep you safe from some of the more serious consequences from the flu.
Here is the problem:
- The benefits of the flu vaccine are actually very limited, while the potential for harm is quite serious.
- The flu shot does NOT prevent you from getting the flu.
At best, it may shorten your symptoms by 1/2 day.
At worst, you could be paralyzed, or worse.
- The flu shot has not been shown to significantly reduce the severity of flu symptoms.
If anything, some experience serious "side-effects" with severe consequences.
- In general, vaccines do very little to no good unless the person being injected has a reasonably healthy immune system to mount a response to the injected virus ... and many people do not.
- There is no vaccine that can help protect you against the H1N1 Swine Flu virus. (Ref: World Health Organization).
- And, by the time one specifically for a virus (e.g., the H1N1 Swine Flu virus) is created, the virus will likely have mutated and the vaccine won't be effective (Ref: WHO).
Think twice before receiving any type of flu vaccine. Read on...
Here are the details:
Flu Vaccines have demonstrated far greater risk than benefit, in many instances. A 2005 study based on more than three decades of U.S. data suggests that giving flu shots to the elderly has not saved any lives.
The benefits of the flu vaccine are very limited, while the potential harm is quite high. Before injecting you or your loved ones, it is wise to consider the potential benefit vs. the potential risks:
Potential benefit from flu vaccine: (like Tamiflu)
- No effect on seasonal flu (reference: World Health Organization (WHO))
- No effect on the current H1N1 Swine flu (reference: World Health Organization (WHO))
- No evidence that suggests it will reduce the incidence of more serious consequences
- Remember: Vaccines have no possible value at all unless the person being injected has a reasonably healthy immune system to mount an immune response to the injected virus. (How is your immune system?)
- At the very best, a flu vaccine may reduce your flu symptoms by maybe, 1/2 day
Is this potential benefit worth the potential risk? Let's see...
Potential harm from the flu vaccine:
Big, scary list here...
- Convulsions, delirium, delusions, death, paralysis (1800 adverse events reported since 2007)
- Increases risk for secondary infections (which historically has been the majority of the death threat)
- Contains mercury preservatives, known to be neurotoxic
- Some vaccines are tainted with more virulent (toxic) strains
- Common side effects are often the very (flu) symptoms your trying to prevent!
By the way ... flu vaccines have been banned in Japan. (Why do you think so?)
Alert! God forbid you get a vaccination and experience a harmful reaction, the pharmaceutical companies (who make the flu vaccines) are immune from lawsuits. (Why do you think so?)
Think twice before receiving any type of flu vaccine. Read on...
Some more of the obvious drawbacks of receiving a flu vaccination are:
Alert for Children and Seniors! If your immune system is poorly developed (children), or weakened (elderly, infirmed, medicated), then it isn't likely that you'll be able to mount an immune response. So, you end up with no potential benefit and plenty of possible harmful risks.
- Unnatural mode of entry for the pathogen: Bacteria and viruses are normally swallowed or breathed in. Your body has built-in immune measures that helps prevent the 'bugs' from getting into your bloodstream. When injected into the blood, as with a vaccination, your natural immune barrier is by-passed - not a good idea.
- Weak immune system: If you have low resistance (weak immune system), then vaccines have no upside at all, since any potential benefit comes from the concept that it stimulates your immune system to make antibodies against the particular virus material that has been injected.
- Toxic preservatives: Many vaccines contain the preservative thimerosol, which contains mercury and is highly suspect for having a neurotoxic effect, and has been linked to autistic spectrum disorder.
- New type of vaccine and never tested for safety or efficacy: The FDA has approved the distribution and utilization of a new flu vaccine (come October) that hasn't been tested for safety, and utilizes a very new technology. ('Guinea pig' comes to mind, here.)
- Symptoms associated with the Flu Vaccine: Convulsions, delirium, delusions, death, paralysis
- 1800 adverse events reported since 2007
- Common side effects are often the very (flu) symptoms you're trying to prevent
- Increases risk for secondary infections: Historically, this has been the majority of the death threat
- Not effective against seasonal flu: New strains, like Swine flu, as by the time the new vaccine has been created and distributed, it no longer matchs the "current" strain, as it usually has mutated by then
- Some vaccines have been shown to be tainted with more virulent strains.
- Flu Vaccines have been banned in Japan.
Will the new Swine Flu vaccine help protect you and keep you safe?
No one knows, though not likely.
The Swine Flu vaccine holds additional harmful risks that should be carefully considered before receiving the vaccine.
- This flu vaccine is the first ever to be approved by the FDA without any testing to establish its safety and efficacy. So, basically, everyone who gets the shot are the "guinea pigs."
- Squalene is an ingredient in the new Swine Flu vaccine. It is included to help boost the body's immune response to the virus. Unfortunately, there is evidence of a potential dangerous delayed auto-immune responses, that may not show up months or years later.
Does it make sense to be injected by substances that have been demonstrated to be harmful, yet not shown to be helpful?
If you don't think so, then you are NOT a good candidate for getting the new Swine Flu shot!
If you still think a Swine Flu shot might be a good idea, please read this link all the way through.
Vaccination Score Card:
Potential Benefit of Flu vaccination = None to little
Potential Harm from any Flu vaccination = Significant to high (especially the new, untested Swine Flu vaccine)
What can you do NOW to begin
SUPERCHARGING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?
Want to be more pro-active? Consider these actions, as well:
- First and foremost, give your body (and your immune system) more of what it wants and less of what it doesn't want, for example:
- Get more restorative sleep
- Move your body more ("exercise") in a nurturing way
- Fuel your body with more nutrient-rich food (like organic vegetables!)
- Limit your exposure to toxic substances
- Drink more purified water
- Enjoy more balance in your life (less work + more play!)
- Follow your heart and dreams
- Begin taking some research tested Immune Boosting Supplements!
- Schedule an Immune Screening, and get a quick assessment of some key indications of your immune health
- Request an Appointment with Dr. Powers to help clarify simple and practical steps you can take to maximize your immune function and increase your resistance to infection, including evidence-based immune supportive supplements.
Your Magnificent Immune System: The ABC's of your amazing Immune System!
How Strong is Your (or your child's) Immunity? How susceptible are you, or your child, to infection?
Supercharge Your Immune System: What you can do today to boost your immune function!
Bolster Your Child's Immunity! A must-read if you have a child in school or pre-school!
Immune Boosting Supplements! Discover the latest research on evidence-based immune supportive supplements for you or your child!